Kneehab is designed for knee patients who have degenerative conditions, sports injuries or those who require pre and/or post-surgical strengthening of the quadriceps. A patented breakthrough stimulation technology that delivers highly focused, accurately coordinated quadriceps contractions. Studies done by the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic have shown that the Kneehab XP used in conjunction with standard PT can strengthen the Quad and VMO back to full strength 50% faster than just standard PT.
Candidates for Kneehab include:
- Pre and post-Surgical – total knee replacement
- Sports Injuries – ACL, LCL, MCL, PCL, meniscal reconstruction
- Degenerative Conditions – osteoarthritis
- Other Knee Conditions
Kneehab is the only FDA NMES device cleared to claim Early post-surgical quadriceps strengthening and improved post-surgical knee stability secondary to quadriceps strengthening.
FDA Cleared indications for use:
- Muscle re-education of the quadriceps
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion of the knee joint
- Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy in the quadriceps
- Early post-surgical quadriceps strengthening and improved post-surgical knee stability secondary to quadriceps strengthening
- Increasing local blood circulation
*Clinical research published in American Journal of Sports Medicine, demonstrated that Kneehab integrated into a physical therapy plan post-ACL reconstruction, enabled patients to return to pre-surgical muscle strength levels 12-weeks faster than patients using standard Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation with physical therapy.